Re: Hardware recommendation / calculation for large cluster

Hi,

Someone is going to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you misread something.

The Mon-daemon doesn't need that much RAM:

The 'RAM: 1 GB per daemon' is per Mon-daemon, not per OSD-daemon.

The same for disk-space.

You should read this page again:

http://ceph.com/docs/master/install/hardware-recommendations/

Some of the other questions are answered there as well.

Like how much memory does a OSD-daemon need and why/when.