Number of objects per pool?

Is there a practical limit to the number of objects I can store in a pool?

I'm planning to use RADOS Gateway, and I'm planning to start by adding about 1M objects to the gateway.  Once that initial migration is done and burns in, I want to migrate in another 20M objects.  I was planning to use a single S3 bucket, but I can work with many buckets if necessary.

I see that the RADOS Gateway stores the objects in the .rgw.buckets pool.  So I did a quick test with the rados bench tool.  I see object creation slowing down as more objects are added to the pool, and latency increases.

What would be the best way to go about making sure this scales up?  Would radosgw-admin add pool help?

Thanks for the info.

--

Craig Lewis
Senior Systems Engineer

Central Desktop. Work together in ways you never thought possible.
Connect with us   Website  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  |  LinkedIn  |  Blog