Re: Kernel Module

On Tuesday, May 7, 2013, Gandalf Corvotempesta wrote:
Do I need the kernel module? I'm planning an Infrastructure for
CephFS, QEmu and RGW. Will these need the kernel module or all is done
in userspace?

If I understood docs properly, the only case when the kernel module is
needed is for use of a RBD block device directly from Linux, like a
mount point. We never use this features, all of our system is based on
KVM/qemu or RGW/CephFS.

As long as you're planning to use ceph-fuse for your filesystem access, you don't need anything in the kernel.
-Greg
Software Engineer #42 @ inktank.com | ceph.com