Re: Mounting CephFS - mount error 5 = Input/output error

Hi Wyatt,

[You sent me this email off list, I'm assuming that was an error, so I'm bringing it back on the list]

ceph -s
   health HEALTH_WARN mds a is laggy

What does this mean, and what can be done to fix it? Thanks, Jens!

It means that the mds hasn't responded to the monitor for too long.

This can happen for example when the mds has crashed, if it is too busy or if the network has problems.

Check that the server running the mds is still alive. Use for example "top" to determine that the server isn't terribly loaded or swapping, and that the mds process is still running.

Then check the mds logfile to see if it has logged errors or a crash message.

If you still haven't found any problems, try checking the network to see if you connectivity between the servers. Ensure that you haven't firewalled the mds so that it cannot talk to the monitors.

--
Jens Kristian Søgaard, Mermaid Consulting ApS,
jens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,