Re: Best solution for shared FS on Ceph for web clusters

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 07:49:40AM -0500, Mark Nelson wrote:
> On 04/24/2013 05:18 AM, Maik Kulbe wrote:
> Any idea if this was more due to OCFS2 or more due to Ceph?  I
> confess I don't know much about how OCFS2 works.  Is it doing some
> kind of latency sensitive operation when two files are being written
> per directory?

I'm using OCFS2 on a native infrastructure (no VM's, no Ceph). It shows the same behaviour. I've never looked into that because it's not an issue for our type of use.

> >At the moment I'm trying a solution that uses RBD with a normal FS like
> >EXT4 or ZFS and where two server export that block device via NFS(with
> >heartbeat for redundancy and failover) but that involves problems with
> >file system consistency.
> >
> >My question here is, what kind of software stack other users here would
> >suggest for this kind of workload?

Maybe glusterfs helps, but in reality, this does never perform very well (except for NFS). GlusterFS turns out to be slow, too.

--
http://www.wogri.com