.so file failing to open under ceph/arm

Hi,
We're pretty new to using ceph, and we've been trying to build and use the Galaxy open source biomedical code (http://galaxyproject.org/)  with ceph 0.56.3 under Ubuntu 12.10 on a Calxeda/ARM server platform. We were able to get ceph to build successfully, and seemingly works well, except in one instance when Galaxy tries to load a specific .so which fails with:

"Unable to run arch-specific checks"

This is an eglibc error, emanating from the function "open_verify" contained in the source file eglibc-2.15/elf/dl-open.c. The preamble to that function states that its purpose is:

"Open a file and verify it is an ELF file for this architecture.  We ignore only ELF files for other architectures.  Non-ELF files and ELF files with different header information cause fatal errors since this could mean there is something wrong in the installation and the user might want to know about this".

I should say that when we run Galaxy using NFS on the same hardware then it works fine, and this problem only appears with ceph. Any suggestions of what might be happening and how we can get round the problem would be gratefully received.

Regards,
mc