Re: RDB mount

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 9:26 AM, konradwro <konradwro@xxxxx> wrote:
> Hello, i have cephfs mounted on each node, when i put file on node1 i can
> see file on node2 and its ok. But cephfs + apache + php5 works quite slow,
> with noticeable delay.

I think your best option is to optimize this setup.  Lets first make
sure you're not hitting a bug in libcephfs.  There's been some
discussion of apache (web workloads) on top of cephfs already:

http://www.mail-archive.com/ceph-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg10991.html

So, do you have anything interesting showing up in dmesg?

What workloads are you testing your apache setup with?  How are you
measuring performance?

> I've tested RBD + apache + php5 on one of the nodes, which give satisfactory
> boost in performance.
>
> How to create a cluster joining  all the nodes, using RDB, to mount the same
> filesystem on every node?.

This most likely isn't the right solution for your needs.  The
filesystems that you would create on an rbd block device (ext4, xfs,
etc.) are all single node file systems, and don't work well when
shared across nodes.  Doing so will corrupt your filesystem.

-sam