Re: I/O Speed Comparisons

On 04/16/2013 07:41 PM, Josh Durgin wrote:

> Hmm, good to know. Do you know what the qemu issue was?

Sorry for the late reply.
It had to do with the <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-1.3'> setting.
When I had pc-1.0 in there, it behaved as if the whole CPU was emulateed
in software. I could look at the kernel log messages while booting. Very
boring stuff :)

>> The patch you posted to the qemu-mailinglist has not been included into
>> their master branch yet as far as I've seen. Are they reliable in
>> integrating it into upstream? This patch is REALLY relevant, IMHO, we
>> should urge them to integrate it sooner than later.
>
> Yes, and it's included in the latest block pull request
> (http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2013-04/msg02706.html).

thx, I didn't see that, very good to know.

> This and a bunch of other fixes are backported on top of bobtail in
> the wip-bobtail-rbd-backports-req-order branch. The backport isn't
> fully tested yet, but it's there if anyone wants to try it out.

Great, thanks.

> Josh

Wolfgang

--