Re: RDMA

2013/4/18 Mark Nelson <mark.nelson@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> 10GbE is fully supported and widely used with Ceph while IB is a bit more
> complicated with fewer users.  Having said that, IPoIB seems to work just
> fine, and there is potential in the future for even better performance.
> Which one is right for you probably depends on the existing network
> infrastructure you are using, how fast your OSD nodes are, and what you are
> trying to do.  Sadly there is no easy answer. :)

QDR switches are sold (refurbished) at more or less € 2k, 40Gb/s and
usually 36ports.
10GbE costs at least 2x times more and with only 12 or 24 ports.

2GB/s on QDR cards is good and is still faster than 10GbE but still
half than what I would expect from a QDR card. Do you know why we
loose more than 50% of bandwidth?

Do you have experience on DDR cards?