Re: determine the size

On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 2:53 AM, Waed Bataineh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have several question i'll be appreciated if i got answers for them:
>
> 1. does the osd have a fixed size or it compatible with the machine
> i'm working with.

You can weight OSDs to account for different capacities or speeds; is that what you're asking?

> if the next case is true what is the equation?
>
> 2. i can list the whole objects that in a certain pool, but can we
> determine the objects in specific osd, as a commandline i mean?

Not really; no. You could construct the information by listing al the objects in each pool and calculating if they live on the OSD in question, but there is not an interface to have an OSD go list its contents.

> 3. Finally, does it differ if i'm reeding two objects from the same
> osd than reading two objects from two osds?

Differ how? There is not special handling for multiple reads from the same OSD, if that's what you're asking.

-Greg