Re: File extension

On 04/06/2013 10:55 AM, Waed Bataineh wrote:
Noah,

Can you make it more clear, can i do that as command lines? or must as a
code ?

You can do that with the "rados" tool on the CLI and could do that in some bash scripting.

See "rados --help" for more information about the xattrs.

Wido

Thank you.

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 6:57 PM, Noah Watkins <noah.watkins@xxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:noah.watkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On Apr 4, 2013, at 3:06 AM, Waed Bataineh <promiselady90@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:promiselady90@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

     > Hello,
     >
     > I'm using Ceph as object storage, where it put the whole file
    what ever was its size in one object (correct me if i'm wrong).
     > i used it for multiple files that have different extension (.txt,
    .mp3, ...etc) i can store the files and retrieve it smoothly.

     > My questions are:
     > 1. when i get the file back using rados get obj_name file_path
    --pool=pool_name
     >      how would i know the extension that the file was mapped in
    the object in the first place ?

    You can include the file extension in the name/key of an object, or
    use metadata facilities such as object extended attributes to keep
    this information.

    -Noah

Wido den Hollander
42on B.V.