CephFS - mount from computer not administered by cluster admin

I have been testing CephFS on our computational cluster of about 30 computers. I want users to be able to access the file-system from their personal machines. At the moment, we simply allow the same NFS exports to be mounted from users personal machines. As far as I can tell it is not possible to mount CephFS from a machine without allowing the root user of that machine root accessto the file-system thus allowing them unlimited access to other users files; is this correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!