Re: Rados Gateway Pools

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 5:06 PM, Mandell Degerness
<mandell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How are the pools used by rgw defined?
>
> Specifically, if I want to ensure that all of the data stored by rgw
> uses pools which are replicated 3 times and have a pgnum and a pgpnum
> greater than 8, what do I need to set?

There are a bunch of pools that are create automatically. Currently
the best way to avoid them being created with a very low pg number is
to pre-create them before starting the gateways. Also, there's the
actual data pool (the pool that holds the user data and bucket
indexes), which is the .rgw.buckets pool, and which you can modify by
using the 'radosgw-admin pool pool add/rm. The following is
(currently) the default pools that are being used. The ability to set
and modify these will be part of the disaster-recovery/georeplication
feature. Current version only allows to view this list.

{ "domain_root": ".rgw",
  "control_pool": ".rgw.control",
  "gc_pool": ".rgw.gc",
  "log_pool": ".log",