Intank
john.wilkins@xxxxxxxxxxx
(415) 425-9599

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 4:05 AM, waed Albataineh <waedalbataineh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

John,

It's just as you referred to i only wanna test Ceph on a small network , two host only. I wanna see how it's work generally, and try if things could been a little bit different.
So no harms will happen going with just determine the journal sizel and hostname values only ???

--- On
Fri, 3/8/13, John Wilkins <john.wilkins@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: John Wilkins <john.wilkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Configuration file
To: "waed Albataineh" <waedalbataineh@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Ceph list" <ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, March 8, 2013, 11:15 PM

Waed,

These are optional settings. If you specify them, Ceph will create the
file system for you. If you are just performing a local install for
testing purposes, you can omit the values. You'd need to have a 'devs'
setting for each OSD in order for mkcephfs to build a file system for
you. The default values for

#osd mkfs options {fs-type} = {mkfs options}   # default for xfs is "-f"
#osd mount options {fs-type} = {mount options} # default mount option
is "rw,noatime"

are meaningless if you don't specify "devs" settings under the OSDs.

If the drive for OSD data is separate from the OS drive, you'd have to
create a file system anyway. Is there a reason you don't want to use
mkcephfs?

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 9:44 AM, waed Albataineh
<waedalbataineh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm using v 0.56.
> If I dont wanna specify in the configuration file the osd mkfs osd mount and devs setings, are there gonna be a default values ??

John Wilkins
Senior Technical Writer
Intank
john.wilkins@xxxxxxxxxxx