Re: Number of ODS per host

You can always tell the cluster (ceph osd set noout) not to rebalance if
a host crashes if your pool-size and crush-map is "redundant enough".

Wolfgang

On 03/06/2013 09:30 AM, Olivier Bonvalet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think it depends of your total number of OSDs.
>
> I take my case : I have 8 OSD per host, and 5 host. If one host crash, I
> loose 20% of the cluster, and have a huge amount of data to rebalance.
>
> For fault tolerance, it was not a good idea.
>

> Le mardi 05 mars 2013 à 02:39 -0800, waed Albataineh a écrit :
>> Hi there,
>> i believe for the quick start of Ceph we will get two OSDs, even it's
>> not recommended i wanna increase them.
>> My question is it gonna ended bad if i end up with 10 OSDs per host ??
>> and for these increment i must manipulate the configuration file,
>> right ?? finally if i finished the installation then i realize i need
>> to change sth on the configuration file is it possible or it will
>> crash ??

DI (FH) Wolfgang Hennerbichler
Software Development
Unit Advanced Computing Technologies
RISC Software GmbH
A company of the Johannes Kepler University Linz

IT-Center
Softwarepark 35
4232 Hagenberg
Austria