Re: Fwd: rados get failure

Andrew, this isn't by chance a 32-bit build or kernel, is it?

I just filled 32GB with random data, then truncated out to 2TB, and am reading with no errors so far. I don't know that that proves anything;
the lack of detail makes it hard to know.

On 03/05/2013 07:14 AM, Ian Colle wrote:
Forwarding to Ceph-users

Ian R. Colle
Ceph Program Manager
Inktank
Twitter: ircolle
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/ircolle <http://www.linkedin.com/in/ircolle>

Begin forwarded message:

*From:* Andrew Hume <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
*Date:* March 5, 2013, 3:55:35 MST
*To:* ceph-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ceph-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Subject:* *rados get failure*

i have a new ceph installation across 4 nodes with 10TB of storage.
i loaded a few TB of objects (averaging 2-3GB each) via teh rados put
command.
when i do a rados get command to retrieve one of these objects,
i get an "unknown error 1464856576".

i am running bobtail, and none of the logs contains anything alarming.
any advice on how to proceed?

(i would have included more details here but this mailing list has
odd restrictions on content.)

Andrew Hume
623-551-2845 (VO and best)
973-236-2014 (NJ)