mds laggy or crashed

Hi,

I had an healthy ceph cluster until this morn.Thesse are the sequence of events:

1. I deleted existing pools - data,metadata and rbd
2. I recreated the pools (data and metadata) with a different pg num
3. I changed the replication level on data pool to 3.
4. I realised it started scrubing. I wait for a while until it
finished and check the health ...it was ok.
5. After a few minutes i wanted to be sure the cluster was ok. Then I
stop the ceph service and restarted it.
6. it started scrubbing again for a while and then it reports
HEALTH_WARN mds b is laggy....mdsmap laggy or crashed .
7. Since i had 2 mds. i tried to test to know if the laggy issue is
peculiar to the node with mds.b ...so i stop the service and restarted
it with only 1 mds.a on a different node. I realise after scrubbing
that mds.a also becomes laggy or crashed. HEALTH_WARN.

I now remember that this is the second time i will experience issue
with mds becoming laggy or crashed after recreating a new pool.

Questions:

1. After creating a new data pool and metadata pool with new pg
numbers, is there any necessary command to issue before using the
cluster again?
2. when the ceph health is not ok ..example if mds is laggy should
ceph-fuse have issues? Issue like - difficulty in accessing the mount
point..

Regards,
Femi.