Re: pgs inconsistent, scrub errors

Hi Femi,

I just had a few of those as well - turned out it was a disk going bad
and it eventually died ~12h after those turned up.

While it was ongoing I fixed it with first finding the pg in question with:

ceph pg dump | grep inconsistent

You should get a pg id then; then I did a deep scrub of it

ceph pg deep-scrub <pg_id>

Watched the logs and found that it was inconsistent. I checked dmesg
and syslog and found a disk had reported a badblock via smart. I
continued to repair it with:

ceph pg repair <pg_id>

I verified with another deep-scrub afterwards.

More info here: http://eu.ceph.com/docs.raw/ref/wip-3072/control/#pg-subsystem

/Martin