Re: drives per CPU core?

Not to derail this conversation, but if looking at purely cpu/core &
cost ratio then AMD have their 62xx, 63xx lines with up to 16 cores
pr. cpu. You can plunk these into 2x cpu boards and get 32 cores
relatively cheap (no, I do not count Intels HT as a core..).

But, as has been said already, those estimates are recommendations
while doing recovery. Under normal usage the cpu is not doing much.

/Martin