Re: cephfs error

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> # cephfs /ceph/blastdb set_layout --osd 3
> Error setting layout: Invalid argument
>
> I tried the hostname and a few others like ceph-3 & osd.3 w/ the same
> result. So is it the manpage that's broken & "-o" is not available
> anymore or is it my kernel version (3.0)?

Ooo, you haven't been able to specify an OSD in a very long time
indeed. So I guess the manpage is broken.

More generally cephfs isn't very robust, so you generally need to
specify the complete layout, not a partial one. This is getting better
shortly; the bobtail branch and later let you manipulate layouts by
changing xattrs on the files. Hurray! :)
-Greg