mon woes

My fellow ceph users,

I'm trying to figure out some disaster recovery scenarios.
I have a ceph cluster on 2 sites. One site has 2 mons, the other site
has 1 mon.
Let's assume one of the sites loses power, the nodes there go down.
That's OK if it's the site with the 1 mon, but if it's the site with the
2 mons, nothing will work anymore. That's a feature, I've been told. I'd
love to have some knobs and switches here but it seems there aren't any.
OK. So let's try to recover the site that still has power from that
failure. My strategy: remove the mon's without power:

# ceph -d mon delete mon.1

=> ceph just sits there and waits forever.

damn it. So how DO i recover? Is there a better stragey if I have a
cluster on 2 sites?

Wolfgang