Re: Large file corruption inside of RBD

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 9:36 AM, Yehuda Sadeh <yehuda@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 6:50 AM, Travis Rhoden <trhoden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Sébastien,
>>
>> Thanks so much for trying!
>>
>> I really think the problem is probably related to the error/crash I
>> had last week.  A couple of other tidbits:
>
> Note that 0.48.2 that you're using has a known data corruption issue
> related to osd kernel/machine crashes. If you've seen any of these it
> might explain your issue. 0.48.3 solves that issue.

This might be part of it, but don't forget the client and OSD are
disagreeing on what the correct target for an object is — that's
probably either another indicator of these issues (corrupt map on the
OSD?) or a pointer to the real issue.
Anyway, this is a problem of some kind with either the OSD or with
RADOS, not with RBD.
-Greg