Re: [ceph-large] radosgw index pool too big

I am not sure, if this problem was reported earlier. We debugged using rocksdb tools and observed the keys being repeated in some fashion, found out to be valid keys and some more observation on rgw nodes revealed resharding happening too frequently on the same buckets, multiple times without any IO on them. Then the later steps followed once we identified the problem. Our setup is having close to a billion objects and we were bitten badly by the dynamic resharding and aggressive balancer. Later we adjusted the balancer frequency to few hours and slowly we recovered the cluster to normal state.
Don't forget to run compaction either by admin socket or setting a config option to compact on mount and restarting the osds. We experienced some lookups hitting the suicide timeout on reading few keys and on rebalancing by balancer.

Regards,
Varada