Re: Roadmap for netfslib and local caching (cachefiles)

On 25 Jan 2024, at 10:07, David Howells wrote:

> Benjamin Coddington <bcodding@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>> NFS.  NFS at the very least needs to be altered to give up the use of
>>> PG_private_2.
>>
>> Forgive what may be a naive question, but where is NFS using PG_private_2?
>
> aka PG_fscache.
>
> See nfs_fscache_release_folio() for example where it uses folio_test_fscache()
> and folio_wait_fscache().

Ah, thanks!  At the end of the netfslib work, will NFS still be able to
utilize fscache and still manage its own folios, or are you looking at
making fscache be an all-or-nothing depending on the use of netfslib?

I think NFS might easily stop using PG_fscache by carrying that information on
folio->private (since we're currently stuck with it).

Ben

[Index of Archives]     [CEPH Users]     [Ceph Large]     [Ceph Dev]     [Information on CEPH]     [Linux BTRFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]