Re: "kernel NULL pointer dereference" crash when attempting a write

On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 05:54:57AM -0500, Jeff Layton wrote:

[..]
> -	/*
> -	 * FIXME: Make security_dentry_init_security() generic. Currently
> -	 * It only supports single security module and only selinux has
> -	 * dentry_init_security hook.
> -	 */

I think this comment is still very valid. security_dentry_init_security()
still supports only single security module. It does not have the
capability to deal with two modules trying to return security context.

All my patch did was that instead of SELinux, now another LSM could
return security context and also return xattr name for the security
context. But it did nothing to allow multiple LSMs to return their
own security contexts.

IMHO, this FIXME should still be there and not removed.

Thanks
Vivek

[Index of Archives]     [CEPH Users]     [Ceph Large]     [Ceph Dev]     [Information on CEPH]     [Linux BTRFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]