Re: New pacific mon won't join with octopus mons

Hi Drew,

On Thu, Sep 02, 2021 at 01:19:07PM -0500, Drew Freiberger wrote:
Given your history of being on pre-octopus release on this environment and having gone through other upgrades, have you ensured you've completed all steps of the upgrade and set your minimum versions per the documentation?  I've seen where octopus will drop nautilus osds if the osd_minimum_version wasn't set to nautilus before introduction of the octopus mons.  I wonder if you're running into something similar with the o->p upgrade.

Check here for further details about completing upgrades (this started in Luminous series):

https://ceph.io/en/news/blog/2017/new-luminous-upgrade-complete/

I'm confident the upgrade to octopus was completed per:

https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/releases/octopus/#upgrading-from-mimic-or-nautilus

Cheers,

Chris

[Index of Archives]     [CEPH Users]     [Ceph Large]     [Ceph Dev]     [Information on CEPH]     [Linux BTRFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]