Re: wip-msgr2

On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 4:55 PM Luis Henriques <lhenriques@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ilya Dryomov <idryomov@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've pushed wip-msgr2 and opened a dummy PR in ceph-client:
> >
> >   https://github.com/ceph/ceph-client/pull/22
> >
> > This set has been through a over a dozen krbd test suite runs with no
> > issues other than those with the test suite itself.  The diffstat is
> > rather big, so I didn't want to spam the list.  If someone wants it
> > posted, let me know.  Any comments are welcome!
>
> That's *awesome*!  Thanks for sharing, Ilya.  Obviously this will need a
> lot of time to digest but a quick attempt to do a mount using a v2 monitor
> is just showing me a bunch of:
>
> libceph: mon0 (1)192.168.155.1:40898 socket closed (con state V1_BANNER)
>
> Note that this was just me giving it a try with a dummy vstart cluster
> (octopus IIRC), so nothing that could be considered testing.  I'll try to
> find out what I'm doing wrong in the next couple of days or, worst case,
> after EOY vacations.

Hi Luis,

This is because the kernel continues to default to msgr1.  The socket
gets closed by the mon right after it sees msgr1 banner and you should
see "peer ... is using msgr V1 protocol" error in the log.

For msgr2, you need to select a connection mode using the new ms_mode
option:

  ms_mode=legacy        - msgr1 (default)
  ms_mode=crc           - crc mode, if denied fail
  ms_mode=secure        - secure mode, if denied fail
  ms_mode=prefer-crc    - crc mode, if denied agree to secure mode
  ms_mode=prefer-secure - secure mode, if denied agree to crc mode

Thanks,

                Ilya

[Index of Archives]     [CEPH Users]     [Ceph Large]     [Ceph Dev]     [Information on CEPH]     [Linux BTRFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]