Re: 5.4.20 - high load - lots of incoming data - small data read.

Ok, i'll change the mount options and report back in a few days on
that topic. This is fairly reproducible, so I would expect to see the
effect if it works.

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 6:32 PM Tony Lill <ajlill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 4/10/20 3:13 AM, Jesper Krogh wrote:
> > Hi. What is the suggested change? - is it Ceph that has an rsize,wsize
> > of 64MB ?
> >

> Sorry, set rsize and wsize in the mount options for your cephfs to
> something smaller.
>
> My problem with this is that I use autofs to mount my filesystem.
> Starting with 4.14.82, after a few mount/unmount cycles, the mount would
> fail with order 4 allocation error, and I'd have to reboot.
>
> I traced it to a change that doubled CEPH_MSG_MAX_DATA_LEN from 16M to
> 32M. Later in the 5 series kernels, this was doubled again, and that
> caused an order 5 allocation failure. This define is used to set the max
> and default rsize and wsize.
>
> Reducing the rsize and wsize in the mount option fixed the problem for
> me. This may do nothing for you, but, if it clears your allocation issue...

> >> In 5.4.20, the default rsize and wsize is 64M. This has caused me page
> >> allocation failures in a different context. Try setting it to something
> >> sensible.
> >> --
> >> Tony Lill, OCT,                     ajlill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >> President, A. J. Lill Consultants               (519) 650 0660
> >> 539 Grand Valley Dr., Cambridge, Ont. N3H 2S2   (519) 241 2461
> >> -------------- http://www.ajlc.waterloo.on.ca/ ---------------
> >>

> --
> Tony Lill, OCT,                     ajlill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> President, A. J. Lill Consultants               (519) 650 0660
> 539 Grand Valley Dr., Cambridge, Ont. N3H 2S2   (519) 241 2461
> -------------- http://www.ajlc.waterloo.on.ca/ ---------------

[Index of Archives]     [CEPH Users]     [Ceph Large]     [Ceph Dev]     [Information on CEPH]     [Linux BTRFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]