extend cephadm to do minimal client setup for kcephfs (and maybe krbd)?

I've had this PR sitting around for a while:

    https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/31885

It's bitrotted a bit, and I'll clean that up soon, but after looking
over cephadm, I wonder if it would make sense to also extend it to do
these actions on machines that are just intended to be kcephfs or krbd
clients.

We typically don't need to do a full-blown install on the clients, so
being able to install just the minimum packages needed and do a minimal
conf/keyring setup would be nice.

Does this make sense? I'll open a tracker if the principal cephadm devs
are OK with it.

Thanks,
--
Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxxx>

[Index of Archives]     [CEPH Users]     [Ceph Large]     [Ceph Dev]     [Information on CEPH]     [Linux BTRFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]