Re: Why BlueRocksDirectory::Fsync only sync metadata?

On Sun, 29 Sep 2019, Xuehan Xu wrote:
> Hi, everyone.
>
> I'm trying to read the source code of BlueStore. My question is why it
> is sufficient to only flush the log in BlueRocksDirectory::Fsync?
> Shouldn't it flush the file data first? Is it because rocksdb always
> flush file data before doing fsync? Thanks:-)

My recollection is that rocksdb is always flushing, correct.  There are
conveniently only a handful of writers in rocksdb, the main ones being log
files and sst files.

We could probably put an assertion in fsync() so ensure that the
FileWriter buffer is empty and flushed...?

[Index of Archives]     [CEPH Users]     [Ceph Large]     [Ceph Dev]     [Information on CEPH]     [Linux BTRFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]