rbd exports do not use the object-map feature

Hi all,

Recently, I have been studying the influence of object-map on RBD export .
My expectation is that object-map can improve the speed of export

But, I did not find any effect of object-map in the experiment.  Then,
I look in the code for the reason.
I found that the object-map was ignored when rbd opened the image in
read-only mode,
and Open image read-only when export.

I'm wondering why we can't open an image in read-only mode using
object-map feature.
In this case, the object-map feature does not seem to improve the
performance of rbd export .

Your prompt reply will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Guotao Yao

[Index of Archives]     [CEPH Users]     [Ceph Large]     [Ceph Dev]     [Information on CEPH]     [Linux BTRFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]