Re: Prometheus Alerts for Ceph: Reference Rules

On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 12:51:34PM +0200, Boris Ranto wrote:
Hey all,

if we want to have a set of rules in the official Ceph repo then I
would recommend merging all the alerting rules and letting the
products decide on what alerts do they want to mute.
+1

My reasoning here is that afaik, you can configure AlertManager (even
remotely) to silence certain alerts but you can't configure Prometheus
remotely to include new alerting rules.
One solution is to configure the prometheus config variable rule_files with an appropriate file glob (say /etc/prometheus/rules/*). Then a user can simply drop a rules file in that location and voila.

Regards,
Boris