Re: Redmine: Adding the tags plugin?

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 10:38 AM Lenz Grimmer <lgrimmer@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> would it be possible to add the following plugin to the Ceph tracker? We
> (the Dashboard team) make heavy use of tags and this looks like a more
> convenient way of managing them:
>
> https://www.redmine.org/plugins/redmineup_tags
>
> Thanks in advance!

I don't have an opinion on adding another plugin other than if it
helps your team function, go for it. With that said, I'd ask if you've
considered the multiple-check-box feature that's already in redmine.
For example, see the fs tracker's component/label list [1]. The only
trick is that it requires some kind of admin privileges to add new
boxes. On the other hand, it forces everyone to use a consistent name
for something and prevents typos from screwing things up.

[1] http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/cephfs/issues/new

--
Patrick Donnelly