CephFS snapshot creation time

Hi,

I'm working on adding Samba integration with CephFS snapshots, so that
they can be accessed in Explorer via file/folder right-click ->
restore previous versions.
For this we need return a list of "@GMT-%Y.%m.%d-%H.%M.%S" labels back
to SMB clients in response to snapshot enumeration requests, where each
label corresponds to a snapshot.
To avoid the requirement for special @GMT-* snapshot naming in the .snap
directory, I'd hoped to determine the snapshot creation time from the
stat.btime field and return a label based on that. However, snapshot btime
fields appear to directly reference the btime of the snapshot source.

Is there any way to determine the snapshot creation time? If not, would
anyone object to me adding a new xattr which carries this information,
e.g. "ceph.snap.btime", assuming the value is stored somewhere on the
MDS?

Cheers, David