Re: Casey Bodley, new rgw tech lead

Congrats Casey!

Mark

On 3/6/19 10:01 AM, Yehuda Sadeh-Weinraub wrote:
I am pleased to welcome Casey Bodley as the new tech lead for rgw!

Casey has been a major contributor to rgw in the past few years. He
has been invaluable in the development and stabilization of rgw
multisite v2, initiated the new Beast frontend work, and started
pushing rgw into a more asynchronous model that will eventually
improve performance and scaling. He is also an avid participant of the
rgw bug scrub meetings, so him transitioning to this role is very natural.

I'm not going anywhere, and will still be working on rgw in the near
future. It will be 10 years in a few months since rgw's very humble
beginning, and it's really rewarding to see the amount of adoption it
gained. There are plenty of exciting new capabilities that we are
focusing on now as we move towards a more hybrid solution, and I can't
wait for everything to be working (and documented!) already.

Yehuda