Re: [ceph-users] ceph osd commit latency increase over time, until restart

Hi,

some news, it seem that it's finally stable for me since 1week. (around 0,7ms of commit latency average)

http://odisoweb1.odiso.net/osdstable.png

The biggest change is the 18/02, where I have finished to rebuild all my osd, with 2 osd of 3TB for 1NVME 6TB.

(previously I only have done it on 1 node, so maybe with replication I didn't see the benefit)

I have also push bluestore_cache_kv_max to 1G, and keep osd_target_memory to default, and disable THP.

Differents buffers seem to be more constant too.

But clearly, 2 x smaller 3TB osd with 3G osd_target_memory  vs 1 big osd 6TB with 6G osd_target_memory have a differents behaviour.
(maybe fragmentation, maybe rocksdb, maybe number of objects in cache, I really don't known)