Re: PG scrub configuration in Dashboard

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019, Tatjana Dehler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been working on an issue to integrate the PG scrub configuration
> into the Dashboard [0].
>
> As you can see there are 32 relevant config options in the issue (so far):

These ones could be basic:

> * osd_scrub_during_recovery, level: advanced
> * osd_scrub_begin_hour, level: advanced
> * osd_scrub_end_hour, level: advanced
> * osd_scrub_begin_week_day, level: advanced
> * osd_scrub_end_week_day, level: advanced
> * osd_scrub_min_interval, level: advanced
> * osd_scrub_max_interval, level: advanced
> * osd_deep_scrub_interval, level: advanced
> * osd_scrub_auto_repair, level: advanced

..and I would put an easy "fast/slow" type button in from of these ones (I
think this was already being discussed?)

> * osd_max_scrubs, level: advanced
> * osd_scrub_priority, level: advanced
> * osd_scrub_sleep, level: advanced

and leave these advanced/dev?

> * osd_scrub_auto_repair_num_errors, level: advanced
> * osd_debug_deep_scrub_sleep, level: dev
> * osd_deep_scrub_keys, level: advanced
> * osd_deep_scrub_large_omap_object_key_threshold, level: advanced
> * osd_deep_scrub_large_omap_object_value_sum_threshold, level: advanced
> * osd_deep_scrub_randomize_ratio, level: advanced
> * osd_deep_scrub_stride, level: advanced
> * osd_deep_scrub_update_digest_min_age, level: advanced
> * osd_op_queue_mclock_scrub_lim, level: advanced
> * osd_op_queue_mclock_scrub_res, level: advanced
> * osd_op_queue_mclock_scrub_wgt, level: advanced
> * osd_requested_scrub_priority, level: advanced
> * osd_scrub_backoff_ratio, level: dev
> * osd_scrub_chunk_max, level: advanced
> * osd_scrub_chunk_min, level: advanced
> * osd_scrub_cost, level: advanced
> * osd_scrub_interval_randomize_ratio, level: advanced
> * osd_scrub_invalid_stats, level: advanced
> * osd_scrub_load_threshold, level: advanced
> * osd_scrub_max_preemptions, level: advanced

Right now almost no options are set at 'basic' (not just for scrub), which
kind of defeats the purpose.  My thinking is that if the option can be
easily understood by a non-expert then it can be basic.  The scrub timing
(begin/end hour etc) options would be a good example of that, IMO.  Or
auto_repair, if we think it's safe to turn that on.

Thoughts?
sage