Re: Error build Ceph for development following the GitHub README

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 12:54 AM Nkep Renate <nkeprenate@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I am Nkep Renate. I am interested in contributing to Ceph as an
> OpenSource dev, so I decided to set-up the Ceph platform on my PC
> (Ubuntu 16.04) using the README on the GitHub page
> (https://github.com/ceph/ceph), But I get this error,
> https://pastebin.com/rcKaTu5z when I try to install the required
> dependencies (sudo ./install-deps.sh)
> I tried some solutions to similar problems like,
> https://www.spinics.net/lists/ceph-devel/msg41145.html, and
> https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/24398
>  but I still get the same error message. Please, I will appreciate
> some help on setting up Ceph on my Ubuntu 16.04 PC.

Renate, i can hardly tell what was going run when you were trying to
install the dependency package. probably it's just apt failed to
figure out a solution to fulfill the dependencies required by
ceph-build-deps. one way is to try another resolver:

mk-build-deps --tool="apt-get -y --no-install-recommends" debian/control
apt-get install apt-cudf aspcud
apt-get install \
   --solver aspcud \
  -o APT::Solver::Strict-Pinning=false \
  -o APT::Solver::aspcud::Preferences="-new,-removed,-changed" \
  ceph-build-deps*.deb

another way is to simply ignore this failure and continue on. you can
always install the missing dependencies manually using `apt-get` or
`aptitude` as prompted by `cmake`.

HTH

--
Regards