Re: How to use the feature of "CEPH_OSD_FALG_BALANCE_READS" ?

On Sun, Dec 2, 2018 at 7:37 PM 韦皓诚 <whc0000001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi~
>     I want to turn on the "CEPH_OSD_FALG_BALANCE_READS" flag to
> optimize read performance.  Do I just need to set flag in librados API
> and is there any other problems?

While there may be limited cases where it can be useful, there are a
lot of caveats and surprising holes where this doesn't work right or
can cause issues. (Because it reads from replicas — which don't have
the full PG state a primary does — there are numerous situations where
you can retrieve stale or incorrect data.) I would strongly advise
against using it.
-Greg