Re: blinking lights

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018, Brett Niver wrote:
> Which HDD lights?  We had dedicated marker leds in Symm, I was unsure
> if there was a standard for xDDs that would allow us to uniquely
> "mark" them?

My understanding is it's a service of the enclosure/controller, which is
why libstoragemgmt is nice since it tries to hide all of those details
from you (and will hopefully be tracking the current hardware in the wild
and support everything it can).  In my case, I have standardish 2u
supermicro boxes and it lit up/flashed a red LED (next to be separate from
the blue activity light)--you just pass lsmcli a device path and it does
the rest.

sage