gap in debug logs leading up to MDS respawn

This issue has reared its ugly head again:
https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21507#note-4

I don't have any ideas on the cause. If it were some kind of quiet (no
debug messages) and long-running loop, we would still see the MDS come
out of that loop and respawn itself. So, the lack of any messages
leading up to respawn would indicate there is some kind of problem
with the log flushing.

Any ideas?

--
Patrick Donnelly