Re: BlueStore BitMap allocator under Luminous

Wido,

and one more comment on BlueFS allocation issues you're probably referring to.

IMO this is completely unrelated to allocator implementation - that rather a design flaw which might cause lack of ***BlueFS*** space at main device even when the device still  has plenty of free space. The root cause behind this is probably the "lazy" nature of BlueFS rebalance procedure which runs in background. Under heavy load it might fall behind.

I'm planning to start working on the fix shortly.

Thanks,

Igor