Re: CephFS purge queue test & backport failure

How about making the script check if cherry-picked commit  is reverted by later commit.

It sounds to me like we're talking about a separate "backport sanity" script, which would:

1. enumerate the commits in the backport PR
2. determine the master SHA1 each backport commit was cherry-picked from
3. check whether that SHA1 is reverted in master

I haven't tried automating operations like that, but I guess it wouldn't be *too* hard. The script could also do stuff like check that the commit message has the proper form.

There is also the question of how to mandate that backporters run this script, given that apparently nobody (except me) uses the current script. Here, I think the answer is to make a version of this "backport sanity" script that would take a PR number. Then any reviewer could run it on any open backport PR.

Thanks, Zheng - this is starting to sound like a really good thing to have!

Nathan