N pools have many more objects per pg than average

Hello everyone,

I have a persistent warning that I can't seem to be rid of:

1 pools have many more objects per pg than average

This condition is correct--I do have one pool that is used to a much greater degree than the others.  I'd like to disable the check altogether, since this is a known and expected condition in my case.

Here is the description of the health check at http://docs.ceph.com/docs/luminous/rados/operations/health-checks/:

mon pg warn max object skew

Description:  Issue a HEALTH_WARN in cluster log if the average object number of a certain pool is greater than mon pg warn max object skew times the average object number of the whole pool. (a non-positive number disables this)
Type:  Float
Default:      10

I've tried changing mon_pg_warn_max_object_skew to both -1 and also to a giant number, currently 10000.  Neither of these have any effect.  (I did restart all of the monitors after making the change to their ceph.conf files)

This RH KB article describes how adjusting it can control when the warning is triggered:
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/1241533

As does this SUSE article:
https://www.suse.com/support/kb/doc/?id=7018414

Does anyone know what I'm missing here?