Ceph librbd caching implementation development

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on implementing a custom caching algorithm in
Ceph's librbd using the ImageCache interface, but I have found that
not all of the requests we expect are being processed by the
ImageCache::aio_read() function.

Specifically, when we create a rbd image, map it to an nbd device, and
mount this device on a Linux filesystem, we run a series of file read
requests to test the algorithm. However, we find that the number of
requests dispatched to ImageCache::aio_read() is not the same as the
number of requests made by our test program.

Normally this would not be a problem; however, our algorithm relies on
having a complete data stream to perform some predictive caching. Is
there some kind of caching happening at a higher level of Ceph that
must be turned off first?

Thanks,
Spencer Melnick