MY INTRODUCTION TO CEPH COMMUNITY.

Hello everyone,

I am Computer Engineer(Telecoms Major) from Buea, Cameroon. I recently
completed undergraduate studies from the University of Buea.

I am interested in contributing to Ceph during and after the upcoming
session of Outreachy 2019. I am proficient in Python and JavaScript
and I am ready to take my career to the next level by contributing to
Open Source.

I have looked at the Outreachy Ideas page and the Ceph Health
Monitoring Plugins. I am also looking at the existing mgr modules to
have an understanding of how the plugin works.

I have tried to setup my environment but i keep having some errors. I
have been using the following link to setup my environment
https://github.com/ceph/ceph and at the building level, when i do the
make command, i get the following error which could be found here
https://pastebin.com/m5N9F7XY.

I have manually installed the rados library using the command sudo
apt-get install ceph-common but still no progress.

Please I will really like some help or someone to point me to the
right direction.

I look forward to interacting with you all and contributing to this
awesome community.

Regards
Kerlyn Nkep.