Checking health of rbd images

Hi,

I have the following problem. I would like to determine the health
status of all PGs that contain objects pertaining to a certain rbd
image.

What I imagine I can do is:
 - Find out the prefix of all objects of my rbd image
 - List all objects with this prefix
 - Use ceph osd map to find out what PGs my objects are mapped to and
   determine the health of all those corresponding OSDs.

Running ceph osd map for each object is a very costly operation.
My questions are:

- Does this whole approach make sense at all?
- Can I send a batch request to ceph osd map instead of querying
  individual objects.
- Is there any other faster way to do it?

Thanks,
Victor.