[redmine] Backport tracker problem

(This is a question for David Galloway, I guess, since this problem arose within the last couple days as he has been battling the spammer.)

Today I noticed that when I go to create a new issue in the Backport tracker, it shows all the same fields (both standard and custom) as when I create an issue in the Fix, Bug, Feature, etc. trackers.

This is change from the previous state, in which the Backport tracker had only a small subset of these fields.

What's really strange about this is when I go to edit the Backport tracker to turn off all those fields that aren't needed, I can see that Redmine thinks they aren't there:

http://tracker.ceph.com/trackers/9/edit

Saving this state has no effect: when I try to create a new Backport tracker issue, I still see all the extra fields.

Also, I suspect this may be the root cause of another problem that appeared within the same (last few days) time frame: our "backport-create-issue" script, which uses the Redmine API, can no longer create Backport tracker issues.

David - whelp?

Nathan