Re: 【JEWEL】 compile rocksdb with jemalloc failed

On Fri, 7 Sep 2018, Xiangyang Yu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In our production cluster, we use jewel 10.2.10. We use jemalloc to
> allocate memory.
> These days we are trying to add rocksdb  support to osd and monitor,

Be aware that there is a known problem with rocksdb and jemalloc that
causes a crash; see http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/20557

That appears to be a different issue than the compilation problem you are
seeing.  Assuming you get past that, though, I would expect you to hit the
#20557 bug anyway.

Starting with luminous we've recommended users stop using jemalloc because
the switch to AsyncMessenger wipes away the benefit users were seeing in
jewel; tcmalloc and jemalloc now perform about the same (when jemalloc
isn't crashing :).

sage