teuthology support for per-role distros

I've recently added support for automating the kernel branch test
matrix in the Ceph qa-suite [1]. This makes it so we're testing (a)
RHEL with its distribution kernel and (b) a random distribution with
the testing kernel. (A particular benefit of this is that you no
longer need to specify `-k testing` to teuthology-suite and therefore
don't accidentally use an obsolete kernel.)

What would be nice though is to specify the distro/kernel for the
kernel client role independently of the other roles. i.e. I could have
a RHEL kernel client and an Ubuntu 16.04 Ceph cluster. There are two
reasonable reasons for doing this: (a) break the distribution
specification of the cluster out of the mount matrix and (b) allow for
mixed distribution cluster testing.

I imagine it could look like:

roles:
  -
    daemons: ["osd.0", "mon.a", ...]
    os:
      type: ubuntu
      version: 16.04
    kernel: testing
  -
    daemons: ["client.0"]
    os:
      type: rhel
      version: 7.5
    kernel: distro

Thoughts? Anyone like to look into this?

[1] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/23673
[2] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/tree/331e4180be186835eb5d81ae1915af7633770a60/qa/cephfs/mount/kclient/overrides/distro

--
Patrick Donnelly